Starting today, I’m going to take a journey to Africa, Italy and beyond and thrilled to see what happens.
My great adventure begins tomorrow as I head to Boston to run in the Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21. You can go to http://www.bostonmarathon.com/, put in my name or bib number 17629, and track on Monday. Would be grateful for your prayers and cheers! Then I head to Oklahoma to cheer my brother and sister-in-law in the OKC Memorial Marathon, move out of my apartment and put everything in storage and prepare for the next phase.
In June, I leave for Tanzania, Africa to fulfill a 20 year goal of Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. If you want to see the hike/trail, you can visit http://www.tusker.com/ and watch the video. From there I have the privilege to go to Lusaka, Zambia to work as a camp counselor for HIV orphans. This opportunity is what started this entire journey for me and I have such a heart for these kids. I’m a bit humbled and overwhelmed, but also thrilled to go. We will run a camp for them, sing songs and play games, give them new pairs of shoes and fleece jackets, and most of all share God’s love for them. For more information about the organization, visit http://www.legacymissions.org/.
It has been a dream of mine to live in a foreign country and have found a cute apartment in Florence, Italy four blocks from the Duomo. I do plan to travel quite a bit, and would love visitors anytime! I suppose it’s crazy to move to a country you’ve never been to and you don’t know the language, but I am confident it will be fabulous! I’ll be there for about six months or longer. Who knows what the future holds? That said, I’ll make the most of every moment!
I also recognize for something new to begin, it also means something must come to an end. Today is my last day at Zeko Media and sad to leave my partners here who have really become like family. I will miss everyone very much. That said, it’s amazing to dream if you could do anything at all, what would you do - and then go do it! What a gift!
There is so much more to share and I plan to write often.
I am truly grateful and blessed. All my love to you. Let the adventure begin!